The UN General Assembly, in its resolution 57/277 of 2003, designated June 23rd as Public Service Day.
Many countries around the world observe this day in celebration of the value and virtue of public service to the community by highlighting the contribution of the public service in the development process and recognizing the work of public servants.
The Government of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, every year joins with the rest of the international community in observing and commemorating the day with a week of activities. The activities to mark the day are facilitated and coordinated by the Public Sector Reform Unit in the Service Commissions Department.
In order to foster a spirit of deeper collaboration between all levels of the public service, public service day events are oriented to promote greater public awareness, knowledge sharing and experience exchange among members of the public service. To this extent a ‘logo’ is essential to enhance the event’s outreach, visibility and symbolization.
The main purpose of this competition is to develop a brand (meaning a logo) to be used by the Public Sector Reform Unit during the week of activities to mark Public Service Day in June each year. This logo should reflect the purpose of the event, which will promote the following objectives for the Public Service of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines:
- Creating avenues for the exchange of experiences, innovations, ideas and good practices in the public service;
- Enhancing professionalism and motivating public servants;
- Highlighting the relationship among the public, private and social sectors;
- Improving the quality of service delivery through the experience of citizens.
- The contest is open to all officers of the public service.
- The Logo should reflect the purpose and objectives of Public Service Day.
- Individual, Team or Group submission is acceptable.
Submission guidelines, Prize and Due Date
- The contest is open from March 30th to April 30th, 2018 and only one submission per person or team/ group is accepted;
- Submissions must include a template which should be filled out with the information of the participant or team. This template is attached;
- All entries (submission template, including logo) should be submitted via email to the Public Sector Reform Unit (PSRU) for the attention of Miss Andrea Hazell, Research Officer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org . A printed copy should be submitted also.
- The submissions will be evaluated by a committee composed of the PSRU and relevant Public Service Day team members. The winner will be informed in May 2018 at the launch of Public Service Day week of activities.
- The winner will receive a prize on the day of the launch in May 2018.
Logo design guidelines and parameters
- The logo will be featured on Public Service Day banners, Government of Saint Vincent and Grenadines’ website, social media, communication platforms and other mediums. The logo should therefore be eye-catching and legible;
- Submitted logos cannot contain third parties’ copyrighted materials and may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published;
- It is preferable that the participant or team create and edit their own brand;
- The logo can include images, pictures, words or any figure that can identify the event and its objectives.
The intellectual property of the selected brand will be transferred to the Public Sector Reform Unit.
Winner and recognition
The winning logo will be used as the official brand for Public Service Day activities. The winner will be recognized as the entry (person or team) that proposed the best logo in any information and communication materials as well as any activity promoted by the event.
Please contact Miss Andrea Hazell, Research Officer, or Mrs. Emma Jackson, Deputy Director, for more information about this initiative at email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 579.
Click here for the information sheet which must be completed and submitted together with the logo.